Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google. It allows website owners and marketers to track and analyze various aspects of their website’s performance and visitor behavior. Google Analytics provides valuable insights and data about the website’s traffic, user engagement, conversions, and more.
The Google Analytics – Nimbata integration allows you to send call data as events directly to your Google Analytics account and mark them as conversions. Before you begin you need to have an active GA4 Property setup and have the gtag installed on your website. Additionally you will need to find your GA4 measurement ID (I will show you how in the next section) and created your GA4 API secret (covered in the next section).
Things you can do when using Google Analytics with Nimbata include:
- Send call data as events: The Google Analytics + Nimbata integration allows you to send call data as events, directly to your Google Analytics account and mark them as conversions.
- View call data in Google Analytics: Nimbata provides session-level attribution (source, campaign, or keyword) for call conversions using dynamic number insertion (DNI). You can view session information about the call, such as keyword, campaign, source/medium, and other session-based info, just like you do with clicks
- Analyze call data in dashboards: Include call data information to the reports you create in Google Analytics and view the sessions that drove calls at source/medium/campaign level.
- Create your free Nimbata account
- Grab your Google Analytics Property ID and paste it in Nimbata
- Copy and paste your API secret to Nimbata
- Set the trigger to ON
- View Call events in Google Analytics!
If you need help setting up Nimbata for Google Analytics, make sure to check out this help article or request a demo to help you with setting up the integration.