My grandmother’s words echo in my mind: “Stick to your strengths.” I’ve made this my career mantra, and it’s never let me down.
Sure, there’s the occasional temptation to play handyman, fixing hoses, unclogging sinks, or patching roofs. But sooner or later, you’ll realize the pro’s the way to go.
On the flip side, if you’re a small business owner, trying to handle your own advertising might seem tempting. But you’ll soon realize it takes away time you could spend serving your clients.
Now, let’s dive into pay-per-call, the game-changer. It’s the ultimate matchmaker, pairing savvy marketers with ambitious small business owners. Picture this: Marketers crafting compelling ads on various platforms, pouring in leads for business owners. But the real thrill? Business owners pay their dues only when a call seals the deal. And for the marketers? A sweet commission awaits with every lead that converts into a sale.
In this article, we’ll address key questions about pay per call lead generation and show you how to attract clients for small businesses.
- Pay-per-call? Pay-per-click? PPC? Which is it?
- How Does Pay-Per-Call Differ from other lead generation strategies?
- How to setup a pay-per-call campaign in 5 steps!
- Why bother with Pay-Per-Call lead generation?
- 6 Must-have features to boost your pay-per-call lead generation
- How to nail your Pay-Per-Call campaigns and start generating quality leads for your clients
- About the Author
Pay-per-call? Pay-per-click? PPC? Which is it?
Let’s begin by answering the most basic question.
What is Pay per call?
Pay-Per-Call marketing is an advertising model that focuses on driving phone calls to businesses instead of website clicks or form submissions. It’s an invaluable tool for businesses seeking to connect with their target audience in a more direct and personalized manner.
How Does Pay-Per-Call Differ from other lead generation strategies?
OK, now that we know what Pay per call is, can you please explain how it’s different to what I am used to? In the past we’ve shared hands on tips on how to generate leads for your small business. But is pay-per-call different to other lead generation methods?
In the world of Pay-Per-Call, advertisers create ad campaigns that include phone numbers. When potential customers see these ads and decide to call, the advertiser is charged a fee for each call. This model ensures that businesses only pay for real, tangible leads.
How to setup a pay-per-call campaign in 5 steps!
- Find a small business owner you want to advertise – Pick a partner and explain that you will be driving phone leads to his or her number.
- Acquire a unique phone number from Nimbata and place this on the ad or your listing – This can be done using Google Ads and/or other lead generation sources. Each client has their own niche so it is worth experimenting in different channels and micro-communities!
- A potential lead sees your ad and calls the number – Make the call to action as simple as possible!
- You route the call to the buyer – Nimbata allows you to setup up simple or advanced call routing, ensuring your customers always receive the call.
- Your customer receives the call and pays you for it – With call recording, call transcriptions and advanced reporting, you can prove to your customer that the call resulted in an appointment or sale, and gain the commission you have agreed!
Why bother with Pay-Per-Call lead generation?
First of all let’s address the elephant in the room.
“Are phone calls still a thing in 2023?”
The answer is “YES”.
While digital communication methods have proliferated, clients and customers still prefer the immediacy and personal touch that a phone call provides. Small business owners understand that these direct conversations foster trust and allow for a more nuanced exchange of information, which is often crucial for establishing and maintaining strong client relationships.
Clients frequently opt to call a professional rather than fill out impersonal online forms, as it not only expedites problem-solving but also allows for a more personalized and empathetic interaction.
As a result, small business owners continue to rely on phone calls as a cornerstone of their customer engagement strategy, recognizing that in an increasingly digital world, the human connection offered by a phone call remains irreplaceable.
Pay-Per-Call offers numerous advantages, including:
- High-Quality Leads: Phone calls tend to attract more serious and motivated customers who are more ready to buy that any other type of lead, leading to higher conversion rates.
- Improved ROI: Paying for actual calls ensures that you’re investing in tangible interactions with potential customers.
- Enhanced Customer Insights: Conversations on calls provide valuable insights into customer needs and preferences.
- Increased Accessibility: Pay-per-Call opens doors for customers who prefer direct conversations or may have limited online access.
- The lead comes to you: In addition to cold calling, which often may perceived as “spammy” and “annoying”, inbound phone leads have chosen to call your business and are interested in your product/service. All you have to do is to craft a well structured campaign and wait.
6 Must-have features to boost
your pay-per-call lead generation
- Call Recording: Recording calls is a must-have, as it allows you to record and listen to calls. With Nimbata’s built in player you can even listen to calls in 2x or even 3x speed, quickly allowing you to identify if the phone call converted or not.
- Call Transcriptions: Listening to every call can be a time-consuming process. Call transcriptions allow you to quickly learn what was discussed between the caller and your buyer. Additionally you can easily locate a particular call or identify calls that fit specific criteria with quick transcript search and report filtering options. Just a few clicks is all it takes to find exactly what you need.
- Call Whispers: Let your buyer know that the lead who’s calling is coming from you before they handle the call. Call Whispers are discreetly played to your client just before they answer an incoming call so they can be prepared.
- Call Capping: Have a specific deal with your buyer about a certain amount of phone leads they are willing to pay for? Enter call capping. Set exactly how many leads a buyer is eligible to receive.
- Email Notifications: Buyer not answering the phone? Set up an e-mail notification informing them that a lead calling them.
- Triggers & Automations: Automatically tag calls based on criteria and send calls as conversions to your ad accounts with triggers and automations
How to nail your Pay-Per-Call campaigns and start generating quality leads for your clients
Achieving success with Pay-Per-Call marketing requires a well-thought-out strategy. Here, we outline some strategies that can propel your campaigns to new heights:
- Find keywords
Identifying the right keywords is crucial. Conduct thorough keyword research to discover phrases that potential customers might use when searching for your products or services.
- Craft compelling, eye-catching ads
Craft persuasive ad copy that encourages users to call. Highlight unique selling points and benefits to entice potential customers.
- Optimize for mobile
Given that most PPC calls originate from mobile devices, ensure your website and landing pages are mobile-friendly for a seamless user experience.
- Tracking and Analytics
Implement robust call tracking and analytics tools to measure the performance of your campaigns. This data-driven approach allows you to refine your strategies over time.
Getting started with Pay-per-call isn’t as hard as it sounds! If you know small business owners that are just starting out and need help in getting leads, Pay-per-call is probably the best method to generate income for you and your client!
By tapping into this rapidly growing marketing strategy, you can harness the potential for consistent, long-term revenue streams. So, don’t miss out on this marketer’s secret weapon—embrace pay-per-call and watch your passive income soar.