Since 2015, Google Ads introduced call-only ads as a novel feature. These ads have rapidly gained popularity due to their unique approach, encouraging potential customers to make direct calls. This shift significantly enhances the likelihood of progressing down the sales funnel when compared to traditional methods like visiting the company’s landing page or website.
In this comprehensive article, we thoroughly examine the ongoing effectiveness of call-only ads, even after 8 years, and provide in-depth guidance on capitalizing on their potential.
What call-only ads are about
Call-only ads display on mobile devices and allow the viewer to call by clicking the ad. Unlike the old-style ads, it enables calling the company directly. Other types of ads require the user to click on the ad, visit the website, find the number and then call, but call-only ads make things much easier, simply by allowing the user to click on the phone number and dial the business.
This feature is extremely well designed by Google (Company’s name, brief description, company number, and the Call Now button) such that it is extremely easy to reach the advertiser by phone. Billing occurs when you click and make calls.
Why should I run Call-Only Ads?
- Immediate Customer Connection: One of the most compelling reasons to run Call-Only Ads is the immediacy of customer interaction. By encouraging potential clients to call you directly, you’re removing several barriers that might exist with traditional text-based ads. Customers can get in touch with you in a matter of seconds, leading to faster conversions and sales.
- Enhanced Mobile Experience: In our mobile-first world, convenience is king. Call-Only Ads cater perfectly to mobile users who prefer calling over browsing websites. With a simple click on the ad, they can initiate a call, making it incredibly easy for them to reach out to your business.
- Precise Targeting: Google Ads, where Call-Only Ads are predominantly featured, offers robust targeting options. You can narrow down your audience to specific demographics, locations, and times of day. This precision allows you to connect with the right people at the right time.
- Cost-Effective: Call-Only Ads can be a cost-effective advertising solution. You only pay when someone clicks to call your business. This means you’re not spending money on clicks that might not lead to actual conversations.
- Conversion Tracking: Google Ads provides detailed conversion tracking for Call-Only Ads. This invaluable data allows you to measure the success of your campaigns and optimize them for even better results.
4 steps to create successful Call-Only ads
Below we share our 4 step strategy on how to create call-only ads that will get your phone ringing!
Step #1: Start with a detailed Feasibility study and set up your goal
Writing an effective Call-only Ad requires active planning and research. You’ve got to know what your target audience is seeking. The best way to do this is by checking out the questions your customers are asking about your business and services or products. Add the questions to your ad copy. Your goal should be reaching out to your customers with your ad copy to make them see your business as the solution they need.
Step #2: Unleash your ads
After you have done your feasibility study and your plans developed, you can now unleash your ads. This ad must be captivating enough to attract your customers to call the company. For your ads to be captivating, you need to use the right keywords for easy search in a search engine. Make your ads be brief and informative, and it should contain the CTA to compel your clients to call in. Most importantly, your ad should be relevant to their particular needs.
Step #3: Test run your ads
The next action after unleashing your address is to check the ad’s effectiveness. The performance of your ad can be checked but not immediately. Your ads must have been running for a while before you can analyze their performance. This performance is based on the sales of products sold via calling in and not the numbers of calls. You can track your calls using a call-tracking software. A call-tracking software will enable you to monitor the percentage of how the ad is serving your company and it makes it easier for you to rate the number of conversions and the total amount spent.
Step #4: Review And Start All Over Again
The last step shows how successful the ad has been to your company. The call-only ad is a continuous process; with your result in your previous address, you can improve (check how motivating your ad is, check where the ad is lacking, draw out new strategies using catching keywords) in your next ad. Reviewing your ads is a good way of knowing the position of your goals and strategies each time. It helps you to know the right step to take at every given time for effectiveness.
Call-only ads have become a must in the digital age for businesses. Consumers demand instant solutions. Ensure your availability through call-only ads, and you’ll witness a significant boost in your sales.