Introduction – In search for a CallRail alternative
Over the years, we’ve chatted with hundreds of marketers all over the world who were searching for a CallRail alternative. Don’t get me wrong, CallRail has done an awesome job at making call tracking known to marketers but after quite some time it seems that many are now at a point where they aren’t overall satisfied with the service. Every time we onboard someone, the same question pops up: “Why did you decide to make the switch?” And guess what, Callrail’s technology is never an issue (well, almost never). It makes sense though, ’cause a crappy product wouldn’t have CallRail sitting pretty at the top.
Below we share the top 6 reasons that make marketers choose Nimbata over Callrail.
Reason #1 – Support
When it comes to SaaS, users expect quick and fast support whenever they have a question or get stuck while setting up their account. Furthermore digital marketing changes at the speed of light, with new techniques and tools being introduced every day. This means that you may need support to ensure that your call tracking platform is aligned and updated to support these changes. Let’s take a look at what users say about CallRail’s and Nimbata’s support.
CallRail offers several ways to provide support to its customers. Here are the ways as CallRail lists them on their website:
- Knowledge Base: CallRail maintains a knowledge base that contains articles, tutorials, and guides to help users understand and navigate through the platform.
- Help Center: CallRail’s Help Center is a centralized hub for customer support. It allows users to search for answers to common questions, browse through articles, and submit support tickets if they need further assistance.
- Live Chat: CallRail provides a live chat feature where users can directly communicate with support agents in real-time, in certain hours during weekdays.
- Submit a Ticket: Users can also reach out to CallRail’s support team by submitting a ticket request. By submitting a ticket, users can describe their questions or problems in detail and receive assistance from the support team.
- Phone Support: CallRail offers phone support for urgent or complex issues. Users can contact CallRail’s support team directly via phone during the specified business hours to discuss their concerns and receive personalized support.
- Webinars and Training: CallRail occasionally conducts webinars and training sessions to educate users about the platform’s features, best practices, and advanced techniques.
- Community Forum: CallRail hosts a community forum where users can interact with other customers, share their experiences, ask questions, and seek advice.
It’s important to note that support availability and channels may vary based on the user’s subscription plan and the specific terms and conditions set by CallRail.
While CallRail has multiple channels that users can reach out to them, users report that they have a hard time talking to an agent and many times never receive a response.
Nimbata has call tracking specialists ready to help and available by various means. Here are some of the ways Nimbata offers support:
- The Nimbata Blog: Nimbata maintains a comprehensive knowledge base that contains articles, tutorials, and guides to help users understand and utilize the platform effectively. The knowledge base covers topics such as setting up call tracking, configuring integrations, troubleshooting common issues, and more.
- Help Center: Nimbata’s Help Center serves as a centralized hub for customer support. Users can access the help center to search for answers to frequently asked questions, browse through articles and guides, and find solutions to common problems.
- Email Support: Users can contact Nimbata’s support team via email. By sending an email to the designated support address, users can describe their queries or issues in detail and receive assistance from the support team. Nimbata typically responds to email inquiries within a specified time frame.
- Live Chat: Nimbata provides a live chat feature on its website, allowing users to have real-time conversations with support agents. Users can access the live chat option to ask questions, seek guidance, and get immediate help with any technical or account-related issues.
- Phone Support: Nimbata offers phone support for more urgent or complex matters. Users can reach out to Nimbata’s support team via phone during specified business hours to discuss their concerns directly with a support representative and receive personalized assistance.
- Dedicated Account Managers: Depending on the user’s subscription plan and specific requirements, Nimbata assigns a dedicated account manager to provide personalized support. Account managers can assist users with onboarding, configuration, troubleshooting, and optimizing their call tracking campaigns.
Here are a few testimonials:
Reason #2 – Frequent Pricing Jumps
Customers complain about CallRail’s frequent pricing jumps. During the past 2 years CallRail has increased prices for ex-Phonewagon users (acquired by Callrail in 2021) and most recently for all users (see tweets below). For a more in-depth view of CallRail’s pricing, have a look at our CallRail pricing guide.
Reason #3 – Complex Pricing Model
Call tracking platforms typically charge based on various factors and usage metrics.
CallRail offers a tiered pricing structure based on the specific needs and requirements of their customers. The pricing of CallRail’s services can vary based on factors such as the number of phone numbers, call minutes, features, and additional services included in each plan. Here are some key aspects of CallRail’s pricing:
- Plans and Features: CallRail offers different plans with varying features and capabilities. The plans are designed to cater to different business sizes and requirements. Each plan includes a set of features, such as call tracking, call recording, call analytics, lead attribution, form tracking, and integrations with other platforms.
- Subscription Tiers: CallRail’s pricing is typically structured into different tiers or levels. Each tier corresponds to a specific set of features and usage limits. The higher the tier, the more features and usage allowances are available.
- Usage Limits: CallRail’s pricing may be influenced by the usage limits associated with each plan. These limits can include factors such as the number of phone numbers, monthly call minutes, call recordings, text messages, and other usage metrics. Plans with higher usage limits may have higher pricing.
- Add-Ons and Integrations: CallRail offers additional services, integrations, and add-ons that can enhance the functionality and capabilities of the platform. These may include features like advanced reporting, multi-channel attribution, call transcriptions, and CRM integrations. Some of these add-ons may have separate pricing or may be included in higher-tier plans.
A lot of users tend to find this pricing model complex and struggle to understand what their monthly commitment will be.
How is Nimbata different?
Customers can use the pricing calculator to get an estimate on what their monthly investment will look like and this seems to bring us ahead of the competition.
Reason #4 – Data Reporting
Tracking and attributing calls is one thing, and it has to be done correctly. Being able to easily share call and marketing attribution information to your clients on the other hand, is the primary reason why you are tracking calls in the first place. And here there is no room for excuses. Sharing call data with your client should be easy-peasy!
If you’re an agency, there are some key reports that you can show to your clients, such as volume, reach, engagement, and share of voice. You can also schedule automated CallRail reports and create custom dashboards for your clients using third-party tools like AgencyAnalytics, Swydo, and DashThis. These tools allow you to combine your call data with the rest of your marketing data into one report or dashboard, customize reports to suit your clients’ needs, and share reports via PDF or online HTML.
With Nimbata agencies can create their own dashboards and share them with their clients, directly within the platform. This alleviates agencies from extra costs and subscriptions to 3rd party reporting tools. Nimbata also allows you to save these custom reports as PDF and share them with your teammates or clients.
Want to take a sneak peek?
Reason #5 – Lead Sharing
Whether you want to download your entire data set or filtered data, your call tracking platform should have you covered. Exporting leads should be as easy as a single click process, done in a matter of seconds.
To export data, you can use the Export Data feature in your account settings. You can choose the month and year for which you’d like your data, select the type of data you want to export (calls, forms, SMS, leads, and/or call recordings), and then start the export process. The exported data will be in an Excel format. You can also export your Call Log as a spreadsheet in Excel format or as a PDF document. Additionally, you can export, print, and save reports in CallRail
Nimbata takes exporting of leads a step further, by allowing users to create custom views, save them and share them with teammates. Data in these views can be exported in CSV or Excel format with a single click of a button.
Need more reasons to switch?
Set up a time to talk to our digital marketing experts here at Nimbata. Our team is happy to discuss the pros and cons of different call tracking platforms, including CallRail. We look forward to hearing from you soon!